Re: Problem with downloading

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peeter Vissak"
Problem with downloading

: Hi everybody!
:
: A guy from a friendly neighbouring country run into difficulties when
trying
: to get some files from a website. There are jpg files in a folder.
: He describes the problem as follows:
:
: "Hallo PV!
: I went to the site and opened the folder ful of jpgs, but when I draged
them
: to my frontwindow or ennywhere else they transformed to gif-files, which
are
: imposible to open in Ph Cs!?? This is realy a new experiance for me.

drag and drop a couple into irfanview which will immediately pop up a
message telling you if they are jpegs or gifs (or png's or whatever) with
incorrect extensions and then it'll offer to rename them for you.

On windows at least, if the internet explorer cache is full or in desperate
need of a cleanout, files are often saved in a different format  than
jpeg - can't recall if it's a bmp or gif, but ecptying the cache will
resolve that particular problem - see if it helps maybe

karl