Re: file share vs tape as gift

----- Original Message -----
From: "James B. Davis" <
file share vs tape as gift

: Forget file sharing. Try newsgroups.

but try them quickly!

our world is rapidly moving to a place where people who fear something
might be viewed as 'bad' (or not PC), choose bring about it's end *just in
case*.

it's a nasty little fear system, powered by such wonders as retrospective
legislation - you know, what you are doing today is legal but tomorrow when
we'll ban it - we'll also deem your past formerly legal activity as illegal
and you'll be prosecuted.

Our third biggest ISP in Oz has removed ALL binary newsgroups from their
servers just in case the government or some big corporation one day decides
that the ISP might be culpable by hosting anything illegal on the
newservers.  So, no sharing of photo's or anything else anymore there!

if mobile phones had been around in the 50's they'd have had cigarette
lighters built into them!