Re: digital obsolescence?

: My Sony DSC-F717 seems to have flown South for good
: after 26 months or 12k pictures.

what killed it?  The 515's we have at the college where i worked are still
going strong (scary really, they've oulasted everything)

: Now, I want the F828    >:-(

hahaha - nice cameras, heavy though!

The dual memory type is a huge bonus - as is being able to change at the
flick of a switch rather than scrolling through menus.

: But really, I had the chance to compare to a Canon
: D60, and on spite of the sloooooooooow inaccurate
: focus and recording speed, I like the colors best on
: the Sony and so I keep it.

me too, the colours are stunning.  Turning off AE and AF cranks the speed
up a heck of a lot too don't forget!