Re: Power consumption and WLAN APs

Andrew Daviel wrote:

> I have had a ticket open with Proxim for months, but nothing useful yet.
> There was a suggestions to "disable unique SSIDs".

I forgot to ask as it didn't occur to me before. Are any of your SSIDs
"hidden?" I don't recall the strange terminology used by Proxim's web UI
but it seems like this used to be a default to not broadcast the SSID. I
eventually hunted down and changed mine to be "visible." q.v. the paper,
"Debunking the Myth of SSID Hiding."
http://www.icsalabs.com/icsa/docs/html/communities/WLAN/wp_ssid_hiding.pdf

-Gary