Power consumption and WLAN APs

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Eero Tamminen <eero.tamminen@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>  One possibility is a WLAN AP with broken power management

I recently noticed that my tablet battery runs down faster at work than
at home, with the WiFi enabled but otherwise sitting idle (12%/hour vs
1%/hour).

I thought the issue might be that there's more broadcast/multicast
traffic at work, which would get through the filters in the ethernet chip
and into the kernel, but then I found a reference to your post on the
list.

At home I have a Linksys WRT54; at work I think Orinoco-AP2000 where I
may be able to change some settings (writing this at home I can't login
to check).

What power-management issues have you seen affecting battery life ?
Would it affect other laptops as well or just the tablets ?

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)