Re: App-Manager failure

Hi,

ext Mark Haury wrote:
> Ryan Abel wrote:
>>> Yes, upgrade to Diablo, it has a much more useful Application Manager. :)
>
> ...and a bunch of other stuff is broken that previously worked...
>
>>> If that's not an option, running apt-get update as root in xterm will
>>> give you more verbose errors
>
> ...which is fine for advanced users, but not an option for the average consumer
> end-user. Just getting root access is not trivial.

Didn't the Application manager log provide enough information?

(And if not, what was missing from it and could you file a bug about
that?)

> If you're going to sell a device that requires significant Linux knowledge to
> use, that should be clearly stated in any sales information.

You're mailing on the "maemo-users" list, which in its
"sales information":

states that it's:
	"A list for users of maemo Development Platform."

(It's a bit confusing name.)

Maemo development platform information:
	http://maemo.org/development/

states:
Developing Maemo applications and platform components is easy if you are
used to programming Linux desktop applications or other components, and
fairly simple if you already know about Linux and GTK+.