Re: App-Manager failure (was: Re: Aw: Re: the hell of Maemo repos

On Nov 21, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Peter Flynn wrote:

> lakestevensdental wrote:
>> As it is, App Manager seems a rather crude work in progress that
>> displays the crudest information during the updating process -- it
>> doesn't even say what repository catalog is being updated during the
>> update process.
>
> Has anyone any idea where to start?

Yes, upgrade to Diablo, it has a much more useful Application
Manager. :)

If that's not an option, running apt-get update as root in xterm will
give you more verbose errors (I'm not sure if the Bora Application
Manager included logs, but you might poke around its menu a bit).

--
Ryan Abel
Maemo Community Council chair