Re: DOSemu networking made easy

25.06.2013 03:43, Eric W. Biederman пишет:
At a very basic level I don't know if it is wise to make it easy to
open up old unmaintained dos executables to the public internet.
According to wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slirp#Limitations
slirp cannot accept the incoming connections, and therefore
gives as much of a protection as the NAT does.
But I really can't follow their (wikipedia) logic: at least if the
port is not already in use, why can't slirp open it to listen for
the incoming connections? They claim you need a port forwarding
for that.

maintenance dead end.  If slirp updates can be pulled from qemu I don't
imagine there will be any maintenance problems.
Well you probably know how "often" the dosemu releases
are made: not much more frequently than the ones of slirp. :)
So if there be some updates on slirp, even if someone will pull
them into dosemu git quickly, they have zero chances to reach
the user within 10 years or more, so this is not the best solution. :))