Re: DVico FusionHDTV 2 Test

On 5/22/06, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Todd Ignasiak wrote:
> I got MythTV re-installed on the new OS install.    I was hoping the
> MythTV usage of the card might help to get more information on about
> the card.
>
> Unfortunately, MythTV doesn't see the card as usable.  It just says
> "Could not open card #2! No such device".       In my previous kernel
> build, it showed the frontend name in that dialog (as it does for the
> HD3000 and FusionHDTV3 in the system).
>
> I re-checked the dmesg output, and the HD3000 and Fusion3 have entries
> saying "Registering frontend", but the Fusion2 does not.   Would that
> point to a certain file as the culprit?

Yes -- You must 'modprobe dvb-bt8xx'

Thanks Michael.   That took care of it..  the frontend registered and
mythtv now correctly sees it.

I tried it with and without the experimental patch you sent.    With
the old settings, I get channels in the "Locked" state when doing a
scan.   They still don't fully work,  it says "no tables" and doesn't
add them, but they do show locked.     When I try it with the patch,
none of the channels show as locked.

I hooked the antenna to the Fusion3, to make sure the signal was okay,
and it picked up the channels.    I also tried the dvb-apps 'scan'
utility again, and it showed pids, but didn't pick up the channel
info:

tune to: 177028615:8VSB
WARNING: filter timeout pid: 0x000
WARNING: filter timeout pid: 0x1ffb