Re: DVico FusionHDTV 2 Test

Todd Ignasiak wrote:
On 5/22/06, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Todd Ignasiak wrote:
> I got MythTV re-installed on the new OS install.    I was hoping the
> MythTV usage of the card might help to get more information on about
> the card.
>
> Unfortunately, MythTV doesn't see the card as usable.  It just says
> "Could not open card #2! No such device".       In my previous kernel
> build, it showed the frontend name in that dialog (as it does for the
> HD3000 and FusionHDTV3 in the system).
>
> I re-checked the dmesg output, and the HD3000 and Fusion3 have entries
> saying "Registering frontend", but the Fusion2 does not.   Would that
> point to a certain file as the culprit?

Yes -- You must 'modprobe dvb-bt8xx'

Thanks Michael.   That took care of it..  the frontend registered and
mythtv now correctly sees it.

I tried it with and without the experimental patch you sent.    With
the old settings, I get channels in the "Locked" state when doing a
scan.   They still don't fully work,  it says "no tables" and doesn't
add them, but they do show locked.     When I try it with the patch,
none of the channels show as locked.

I hooked the antenna to the Fusion3, to make sure the signal was okay,
and it picked up the channels.    I also tried the dvb-apps 'scan'
utility again, and it showed pids, but didn't pick up the channel
info:

tune to: 177028615:8VSB
WARNING: filter timeout pid: 0x000
WARNING: filter timeout pid: 0x1ffb
Todd-

I think we're better off without that last experimental patch that I had sent you. I believe this is the one that altered the tuning code in or51211.c ..... Also, could you confirm the model number of the tuner "tin can" that is present on the card?

Am I correct in saying that reverting that last patch is what gives you the ability to lock? (forgive me -- i think this is what you had just explained above, but I just want to sure)

Could you do 'hg diff > todd.patch' and email the resulting file to me? I know that the changesets that you are using were based on one of my older patches, but I would like to be able to generate a tree identical to yours, so that I could have a better idea of what we are dealing with.

We should be able to get this working, especially if you are able to get a lock but receive no data -- I had this same problem when I had initially added support for the FusionHDTV5 Lite, and I have some ideas on what we can try next.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky