Re: DVico FusionHDTV 2 Test

Todd Ignasiak wrote:
I recently tried my FusionHDTV II card again, when setting up a new
MythTV box. It appears to be close to working, but not quite there. Has anyone else used this card successfully?

I applied the driver patches from Michael Krufky's www page: http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/fusionhdtv2.patch

The only thing I had to change in the patch was the PCI device
identifier.  In Michael's patch it was "0xd20018ac".  On my system, it
was 0xd200dbc0, as shown below:
Good to know... In that case, the patch that I sent to you way back then was not completely correct.

I have some information for your card, but I will have to look a bit closer to figure out what is the difference between these different versions of the FusionHDTV II. I will send you an updated patch (hopefully) before the end of the weekend.

I just took a quick look at my info, and this is what i see:

0xD20018AC Bt878 FusionHDTV             PHILIPS1236D   + OREN

0xD200DBC0 Bt878 FusionHDTV  		PHILIPS1236D   + OREN

...I don't remember whether the patch that I sent to you was based on OR51211 or OR51132 ... You might want to try using the other demod...

Please let me know if you try any other experiments and what sort of outcome you get. If I don't hear from you, I'll try to change some things around and get another patch to you on Sunday.

Given that so much time went by since I created that original test patch, it is possible that the device isnt working due to something that has changed since then, such as the recent dvb tuner refactoring.

What kernel are you using? Are you using the modules in the mercurial tree or no?

Cheers,

Michael Krufky