Re: Assessment criteria for decision on in-person/virtual IETF 108

Hi Jay,

On 2020-04-20, at 21:42, Jay Daley <jay@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The original note said "Given the current conditions in Spain and around the world, the framework is based on the assumption that these conditions would have to significantly improve for the in-person meeting to be held."  and I would really like to know if that was not explicit enough or if it was lost in the volume of communication?

How you read this sentence depends a lot on what TV network you are watching.

Of course the conditions will "significantly improve", won’t they?

(Yes, from the PoV of a reasonably well-informed New Zealander or German, your sentence probably was perfectly clear; I just happen to be exposed to a large population of people right now even in Germany that have wildly different receptions of what the public discussion is telling us.  I’m trying to say that clarity helps here; don’t leave too much to the inference of the reader.)

Grüße, Carsten