Re: Assessment criteria for decision on in-person/virtual IETF 108

What a long thread.
I read through the list of criteria.

It read like:
We cancel if: ~A or ~B or ~C or ~D or ~E ..

Applying Demorgan, we meet only if: A and B and C and D and E. ...

Plus consideration that A is false unless if it would be false for more than
~40% of people, and some analysis of which are the "usual suspects" for a
summer Europe meeting.

I can't see how the criteria will be met in early May.
The IESG is trying to follow some clear process that can be easily seen to be
objective, and as Jay explained CDC vs WHO, for which the contracts have
clear outs for.
The decision simply needs to be easily defensible.

Baring some miracle, IETF108 will be virtual.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-