From: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Keith Moore
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2020 12:29 PM
To: ietf@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Assessment criteria for decision on in-person/virtual IETF 108

[External Email. Be cautious of content]

On 4/17/20 9:30 AM, Stewart Bryant wrote:

> Whilst I understand that the focus is on IETF108, this dreadful illness is likely to be with us until there is a reliable vaccine widely available. So even it it is under control there will likely be a reservoir of infection for a while and a risk that an IETF participant will fall ill with it during a meeting.

Perhaps more to the point, the risks associated with attending IETF aren't merely those associated with the meeting location, but also the combination of the risks that everyone faces in traveling to and from
the meeting.   I have trouble imagining that it will be safe for people
to travel all over the world, within at least a year and probably more.

Keith