Re: Effective discourse in the IETF

On Jul 5, 2019, at 1:49 PM, Eric Gray <eric.gray@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But I have known quite a few who would learn only that asking a question was a mistake.

Perhaps.  Sometimes when you get your answer, you realize that you are not wrong.   But it’s still useful to ask!  Also, I’ve found that it’s not uncommon for asking questions to reduce the energy of the debate, because now the other person feels like they are being listened to, and not just contradicted.