Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

Hi Jordi,
At 01:13 AM 01-11-2017, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
No, what I'm arguing is that ISOC trust .CAT folks and not having talked with the other Spanish ISOC chapters to verify it, instead of going to read the court order.

My point here is not the Catalonia problem, is a general statement to make in the ISOC "rules" that ISOC MUST not interfere with court orders, unless they can verify what is being said at the court order.

In this case, the court order indicated a list of very specific unlawful sites, but ISOC published that it was a global order to .cat to ban any political sites. It is a big difference. Our constitution doesn't enable splitting the country and consequently

As I see it, something went wrong [1]. What you are asking is for the Internet Society's Board of Trustee to set a policy so that the Internet Society does not make any statement related to a country without verifying the facts.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. The word "wrong" is used for simplicity instead of accuracy.