Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

I think we would agree that ISOC should not republish unverified information that originates elsewhere.

But in general, just because a court issues an order, does not mean that the court is following the law, or that the law was produced by a democratic process.   Neither ISOC nor anyone else should be compelled to pretend that court rulings are always legitimate.

Practically every country on Earth claims to be democratic.  Reality is somewhat different.  In my country there are at least a dozen ways of rigging elections that have been employed in recent history to significant effect.  The goal is to provide the appearance of democracy without the reality.

Keith