Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

On Oct 30, 2017, at 6:50 PM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Either we accept that democratic countries with split power take legitimate decisions or ISOC never comments on law orders. Easy just pick one.

Jordi, the whole point of freedom of speech is to enable countries to be democratic.   You can't be a democratic country if there is no freedom of speech.   The two are simply incompatible.

So indeed our choice here is to pick zero or two.   One is not one of the possible choices.