Re: RESENDING - Incremental Deployment of IPv6-only Wi-Fi for IETF Meetings

Paul,

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 31 Jul 2017, at 14:06, Ted Lemon wrote:

The reason we are advocating this is not that we want you to debug the user interface.   It's that we think it works.

There's that "we" again. I'd like to hear from others in the operational community who agree with you, given that what I have heard from that community is that it "almost" works for technical users and "might not work" for typical users.

The last Routing Area Working Group Chairs training/workshop, we had information about the increasing deployment of
IPv6 - including to many many many consumers.  I haven't gotten the video up quite yet - but this conversation is making
me prioritize it.  IPv6 growth is extremely significant.

It may be that there are some IETFers who run such special applications or old software ( ascii art programs ;-) ) that we will
encounter different or additional issues. Granted, I didn't take advantage of my ability to try out the IPv6 SSIDs made available
this past IETF - but this conversation is enough to convince not merely to do so, but to consider printing out stickers - "I
upgraded to the modern Internet - with several checkboxes (IPv6, DNSsec perhaps, etc.)."  I welcome inspiration there.

To claim that IPv6 just "almost works" for technical users is to ignore the world outside our email lists.

Regards,
Alia

--Paul Hoffman