Re: RESENDING - Incremental Deployment of IPv6-only Wi-Fi for IETF Meetings

> The point is that we claim that we have produced something that will
> Just Work for the average user.  If you really think you can't "get
> work done" on an IPv6-only network with working and functional
> transition tech, we have a problem.

bingo!  you are right.  we have a problem.  nat64/dns64 breaks things
people use.  this is known, documented, and extremely annoying this many
years out [0].

the question is how to progress fixing nat64/dns64, given that a lot of
folk come to ietf meetings to simply get work done and not debug a semi-
working transport.  how about a bug bounty?  and maybe a fix bounty a
few times larger!

randy

--

0 - for just how many years, see my plenary rant against 4966 a few
    chicagos back.  it is my $dayjob's customers, the enterprises, who