Re: RESENDING - Incremental Deployment of IPv6-only Wi-Fi for IETF Meetings

On Jul 29, 2017, at 11:44 AM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Exactly right. That's why many of us know first-hand that v6 has more hard-to-describe choices for end users than v4 does.

For the end user, there are no choices.   You plug your device into the network, and it works, or it doesn't.   What choices are you imagining?

I was not thinking of just people on this mailing list: like you, I talk to many people at IETF meetings. I find few people who are not strong v6 advocates saying that they think a v6-only is will Just Work for the average user.

Forgive me, but it's always easy to put words in the mouths of people who aren't saying anything.   What you are saying here is that everyone who is silent on this topic agrees that IPv6 isn't going to Just Work for the end-user.   Do you see the flaw in your reasoning?