Re: RESENDING - Incremental Deployment of IPv6-only Wi-Fi for IETF Meetings

The reason you know of few people in the IETF who would make that claim is that (1) the IETF is actually pretty backwards about trying new things, for reasons about which I could speculate, but I'm sure that would be a bad idea.   And (2) IETFers actually use a lot of stuff that regular users never use, so we are more likely to run into breakage, e.g. Stephen's edge case.   We are good people to use for testing edge cases.   And I think most of us are fine with testing edge cases.   So I think that "we" is actually a lot of IETF participants; however, those IETF participants tend to avoid the IETF mailing list because discussions like this always devolve into politics.

The IETF is in the business of designing new networking protocols.   If we are so allergic to dogfood that we can't even tolerate it for a week at a time three times a year, when there is an easy way to opt out, I think we ought to just stop spending millions of tons of carbon every year flying to these stupid meetings and go grow turnips or something.