Re: RESENDING - Incremental Deployment of IPv6-only Wi-Fi for IETF Meetings

On 29 Jul 2017, at 7:01, Ted Lemon wrote:

On Jul 29, 2017, at 8:53 AM, Eric Rescorla <ekr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Of course this is true, but it's equally true that the people who want to use v6 only can use a separate network. It's not clear why those of us who just want to get work done need to be inconvenienced in service of a political point.

It's not a political point, Eric.

The point is that we claim that we have produced something that will Just Work for the average user.

Who is this "we" you are speaking of? I know few people in the IETF who make that claim that about v6-only networks, and even fewer who do it with a straight face.

If you really think you can't "get work done" on an IPv6-only network with working and functional transition tech, we have a problem.

Again, that "we". The people who claim that v6-only networks are ready by default have a problem, not the IETF as a whole.

--Paul Hoffman