Re: RESENDING - Incremental Deployment of IPv6-only Wi-Fi for IETF Meetings

Skickat från min iPhone

29 juli 2017 kl. 17:08 skrev Ted Lemon <mellon@xxxxxxxxx>:

Now that is political.

Sorry, Leif.   The deal is that the way you figure out whether something is working is to try it.   If nobody is willing to try it, there's no way to be sure that it's working.   The stack itself works fine, and we think the ops part works too, but in order to know that it works, we have to try it.

I was merely reacting to what I felt was a lopsided analogy between v6 (which has had ample time to get tested outside the IETF) and TLS 1.3. The latter is including *lots* of work on implementation and real-world testing in the WG workstream.

Why is this such an upsetting idea?   Why is it necessary to make someone a villain here?

It isn't. I see no villains.