Re: RESENDING - Incremental Deployment of IPv6-only Wi-Fi for IETF Meetings

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 2:17 PM, Ted Lemon <mellon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jul 28, 2017, at 4:38 PM, Eric Rescorla <ekr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm not very enthusiastic about this. People come to the IETF to do work and having
to deal with potential bustage from this experiment gets in the way of that.

If you encounter bustage, you can switch to the legacy network.

Of course this is true, but it's equally true that the people who want to use v6 only can use a separate network. It's not clear why those of us who just want to get work done need to be inconvenienced in service of a political point.

-Ekr

You aren't the first person to raise this point, but I find it a bit perplexing.