Re: RESENDING - Incremental Deployment of IPv6-only Wi-Fi for IETF Meetings

On Jul 31, 2017, at 5:00 PM, Ole Jacobsen <olejacobsen@xxxxxx> wrote:
I'd love to see IPv6 succeed, but it is apparently impossible to do so
without teaching end-users a lot of stuff they really have no interest
in or ability to learn. What a shame.

This statement is why I think we need to be running IPv6 by default.   What you are saying here simply isn't true.   There are lots of internet users running IPv6 and not even aware that they are doing so.   This is very evident in the stats for service providers that offer their service over IPv6 as well as IPv4.

If you can't connect to the wire and start using it with no special settings, it's broken.   The point of having IETF people connecting to a v6-only wire is to see what problems they run into.   The answer should be "none," and at least for me at recent IETFs, _it has been_.   It would be nice to have a larger sample size.

The reason we are advocating this is not that we want you to debug the user interface.   It's that we think it works.