Re: RESENDING - Incremental Deployment of IPv6-only Wi-Fi for IETF Meetings

>> the question is how to progress fixing nat64/dns64, given that a lot
>> of folk come to ietf meetings to simply get work done and not debug a
>> semi- working transport.  how about a bug bounty?  and maybe a fix
>> bounty a few times larger!
> A bug bounty on ietf-v6only, perhaps spiffy tee-shirts, would be a
> dandy idea.

someone suggested a tee shirt if you stayed on v6only and/or nat64 all
week.  and a further prize if you found a new solution to a common
problem on those networks.

someone else suggested that we turn off all other ssids for the 6man and
v6ops wg meetings.  there would be leakage, of course.  and it's a pita
(we *really* do not like to make changes during the week).  perhaps the
chairs could strongly encourage those in the wg meetings to use either
v6only or nat64.

> Forcing the whole conference to participate would not.

doh

my impression is that the noc, for which i do not speak, jim does, has
been strongly of the idea that the job is a network where people can get
their work done with absolutely minimal speedbumps.  tragically and, for
some of us, enragingly, v6only and nat64 do not meet that bar; dual
stack seems to.

[ btw, i should confess that, despite continuing efforts which have
  eaten a lot of my copious free time, i still do not have ipv6 in our
  tokyo apartment.  ntt-east (the carrier, not the internet provider)
  has worked quite hard to inhibit consumer ipv6 deployment in japan.
  ask lorenzo or erik for a more detailed rant than i can give.

  on bainbridge, john gives us great native ipv6 and nat44able ipv4.
  thank you, john.
  ]

randy