Re: SMTP and IPv6

It appears that Christian Huitema  <huitema@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>Yes indeed. More documentation will help, if only to dismiss myths. A
>quick search shows that some reputable mail services like Proton Mail or
>Mailbox.Org do provide IPv6 addresses for their MX records --

Those are providers of individual mailboxes. What they do works fine
if you want a mailbox or two.  Gmail has good IPv6 support, too.

Our mail systems run mailing lists and send a signficant volume of
transactional mail, e.g., notices when an I-D is uploaded or a
document's status changes. None of them do that, nor does any other
credible provider I'm aware of that has IPv6 support.

Is there some reason you think it was useful to make that comment?

R's,
John