Re: SMTP and IPv6

On 6/29/24 08:20, John C Klensin wrote:

From my point of view, this is mostly about the IETF's credibility
when we establish standards and at least implicitly encourage others
to use them.  If we do not or cannot use those standards in our own
work, and avoid doing so without public and understandable
explanations, it calls everything we are doing into question.

+1

But I want to go further than that.   If IETF insists that it needs to outsource essential services that are based on IETF protocols, that doesn't speak well for those protocols.

Keith