Re: SMTP and IPv6

On 30-Jun-24 08:16, Michael Jones wrote:
I’m thankful that the IETF staff is providing us with a reliable organizational mail system that works at the scale that we need.  It enables the IETF to function.  I see that as being the high-order bit here.
Upvote.

The IETF's job here is to understand the factual reasons why the major mail services don't deliver mail over IPv6, and to find out what can be written in RFCs to change that.

IMHO it's a secondary issue that the LLC didn't explain this in advance to the community. Maybe they should have, but that isn't the real issue.

   Brian