Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

Salz, Rich wrote:

I am sorry that I am not making my point clearly enough.

Instead, I am sorry in advance not to be able to resist saying
"Language barrier of you?" :-)

I read your words as "since language is used in works like Thriller,
there is no culture to avoid these words"  I am saying that is wrong
because *context* is important.

Anyway, yes, context is important as I wrote:

> (note both "lord" and "magician" are
> human (or demi-human such as elvish) beings),

and

> stop saying
> black, dark or slave on non human and non living entities
> such as "list" ("list" is a little sensitive as some list
> may be a list of human beings), "flip flop" and "web".

So, some might be disturbed by "blacklist" of a list of human
beings, though most should still be indifferent to.

						Masataka Ohta