Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

Carrick Bartle wrote:

I think we can all agree that slavery is bad, right?
So why should we even allude to it in technical documents?

That is not a valid argument against some terminology,
especially because it should have been agreed so at
the time when the term of "master slave" was originally
coined.

That is, we have long established agreement to use words
to be considered bad by many for technical terms.

					Masataka Ohta