Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

It is bad b/c it has an actual and real impact on people today, it get's in the way of them being able to work/create most efficiently, it contributes to people not even going into technical fields.

The document actually talks to these points with some references.

Just b/c we have done things one way in the past does not mean we shouldn't strive to do better in the future.

Thanks,
Chris.