Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

Salz, Rich wrote:

     : But, considering that most other people, both blacks and whites,
     : in US are enjoying Thriller, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars
     : and all the fantasies and FRPGs with such words of "dark lord",
     : "black magician" and "dark side of force", there is no such
     : culture in US to avoid saying black/dark with negative meaning.

I am responding to the last line of this. It is factually incorrect.
Others have asked you about this as well. I am a native-born
American.

So?

As I said "most other people" and:

: There may be 1,000 or 1,000,000 such people in US.

I can't see your point that my points admitting noisy minority
can be "factually incorrect" by a single or thousands of
not-really-counter-examples of native-borns?

I believe most people in US, including blacks, are wise enough
to be able to enjoy saying "dark lord", "black magic", "blacklist",
"dark side of force", "blacklist", "master/slave flip flop" or
"dark web" without discriminating people with black skin of black
cloths, even though you might think they were less wise.

						Masataka Ohta