Re: rawhide net install image doesn't work with bios partitions

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 10:17 AM stan <upaitag@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 May 2019 21:41:13 -0600
> Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > That would cause both fc30 and fc31 to boot with the same kernel
> > options in common except for the root which is explicitly set in the
> > *conf file. I haven't tested how the *conf files are created however;
> > I don't know if they are copied, which would preserve the custom
> > defined root, appropriate for that distro version. So this needs
> > testing and a write up if it works.
>
> Would a simple alternative be to install the UEFI Fedora versions on
> different disks?

Yes that would work. But to switch between them, you'd need to use the
firmware boot manager; or efibootmgr prior to reboot time; or  you
need to modify both grub.cfg's on each drive's EFI system partition,
to include a menu entry using the 'configfile' command to point at the
other grub.cfg. That way, no matter which drive the firmware uses by
default (as defined in NVRAM using 'efibootmgr' command) you have a
GRUB menu entry to point to the other drive.

--
Chris Murphy