Re: rawhide net install image doesn't work with bios partitions

On Sun, 26 May 2019 23:20:08 -0700
Samuel Sieb <samuel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you are booting in UEFI mode, then yes, they are required.  If you
> don't want that, you need to boot in legacy or CSM mode.

Thanks for the tip.  That enables me to see the problem, but not how to
correct it.  The boot stanza for the iso uses linuxefi and initrdefi.
I can edit the stanza just like a regular boot, but if I try to change
those to linux16 or initrd16, the default on my system, they are not
found. I tried linux too, just in case it had been made generic, but no
go.  My experience was that no matter how I tried to bypass the efi
boot, I did not succeed. I looked at the rest of the suboptions
available, and there wasn't one obvious to my eye that implied an
override of the efi boot.

Do you have further insight that will enable me to bypass this hurdle?