Re: cryptsetup: Source device /dev/sda7 not found

Il Sat, 18 Jul 2009 21:20:05 +0200, Sven Eschenberg ha scritto:

Thank you Sven,

> I did not follow the whole thread, specifically which distribution you
> are using.

Debian Sid.

> Many distributions using initrd (or initramfs for that matter) build
> upon busybox. Busybox has a blkid and findfs applet which should be able
> to find the device inode by UUID (even for luks devices).

yes, you're right. I checked out and Debian use it.
I've to say, with a little of shame, that there was an error on my side,
I was modifing /etc/crypttab, but without re-generating the initrd
diskimage.
Actually I didn't know that there was a script inside the initrd with the
crypttab content. I'll try regenerating it with the right UUID.

Have a nice day, d.