Re: Result of supplying an incorrect passphrase?

It depends on the amount of entropy. In laymens terms, the
amount of randomness. For example, I use random passwords,
all lowercase letters and numbers. This gives 36 possibilities
per character, which gives slightly ore than 5 bit of entropy per
character. On the other hand, written english has only something
like 2 bit of entropy per character. Knowing that your password
has n bits of entropy means that an attacker has to spend (at least)
2^n tries to guess right, and more in practice.

So if the 20 chars are just ordinary english this would be 40 bits
and not long enough. If it is random characters+digite, it is
about 100 bits, which is enough by far.

Arno