Re: SuSE 10.2 and LOADNATIONALKEYB=1

> b5 == "µ"  in ISO8859-15
> 65 == "e"  in ISO8859-15
> fc == "ü"  in ISO8859-15
>
> > UTF-8 displays all 3 special characters and says:
> > 000000 c2 b5 65 c3 bc
>
> c2 b5 == "µ"  in unicode
> 65    == "e"  in unicode
> c3 bc == "ü"  in unicode
>
> > Can you draw any conclusion form all that?
>
> Your keyboard layout /boot/default.kmap (from knoppix) is not euro
> compatible. When you press euro key, you get normal e.

This is all correct but it does not explain why passphrase is accepted at boot time and not in SuSE itself in case I use key and kmap from Knoppix.
In the last hour I made up a boot stick with default.kmap and rootkey from within SuSE. I also used UTF8KEYBMODE=1 in initrd-conf file. I tried kernel parameter lang=de, too. No chance. Special characters are not accepted. I hope those SuSE-botchers will fix it in the next release and cripple some other part of their distro instead.
Thanks four your patience.

Best regards,
Peter
Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/topmail-out