Re: raid5 loop-aes

Jari Ruusu escribió:

then i try different stride size for ext3 filesystem.... I tryed with 1, 2, 4,
8, 16, 32, and 64 and no stride parameters.

I found that I get the best result with no stride parameter....

What kernel version are you using?

debian amd64 stock kernel 2.6.18-3
loop-aes modules also from debian distro.

I suppose that stride parameter is only useful when the fs is directly over RAID
and not over a loop device. is this true?

Loop-AES bangs backing device with page size requests even in situations
where file system bangs loop-AES with multi-page requests.

Does this mean that the stride parameter is useless when using loop-aes over RAID5?

Regards

Santiago Castillo Oli        scastillo_EN_aragon_PUNTO_es
Técnico de sistemas                 976 71 50 06
Biblioteca de Aragón

-