Re: SuSE 10.2 and LOADNATIONALKEYB=1

> Was this success with UTF8KEYBMODE=1 in build-initrd.sh or not?

Well, I changed from a Duron 1GHz with openSuSE 10.2 to my AMD64 with openSuSE 10.2 in the RETAIL version. Accordingly, I now start the PC from MicroSD via an USB-Cardreader instead of CD-ROM.

> Can you now decrypt the rootkey.gpg key file in both openSuSE text console
> and in X windows? Or is it decryptable in knoppix and
> encrypted-root-initrd
> only?

Bad news! I checked it right now as you asked. The result is:
rootkey was made in Knoppix 5.01 DVD
default.kmap was taken from same Knoppix
build-initrd.sh was run in SuSE 10.2 on AMD64 _without_ UTF8KEYBMODE=1
losetup, loop.ko, gpg and such were taken from same SuSE
encryption/decryption in Knoppix works fine
booting from MicroSD works fine, too
issuing losetup -e aes256 -K /<path>/rootkey /dev/loopX /dev/sdaX in SuSE 10.2 FAILS!!!

Yes, SuSE messed it up once again. I tend to KUbuntu 7.04 but I am unsure if I really change since I use SuSE all the time.

> I booted an old knoppix CD with "lang=fi" boot parameter. That seemed to
> boot to keyboard mode "default (ASCII)". What does "kbd_mode" command
> output
> on your openSuSE text console and knoppix text console? Are their keyboard
> modes same?

In XWindow "kbd_mode" says:
The keyboard is in raw (scancode) mode

Console (Alt+F1) says:
The keyboard is in Unicode (UTF-8) more

None decrypts the key! Might I load the default.kmap manually?

Best regards
Peter
Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/topmail-out

-