Re: SuSE 10.2 and LOADNATIONALKEYB=1

Peter_22@xxxxxx wrote:
> A while ago I reported problems with openSuSE 10.2 (32-bit) in connection
> with german keymap for loop-aes. The solution is easy but not very
> satisfying. Knoppix is the answer. After booting from Knoppix 5.01 Live
> DVD dumpkeys >default.kmap creates a usable keymap with all needed
> characters, including µ, the euro sign â,¬ or ü,ä,² and the like. The
> gpg rootkey is created in Knoppix, too. These two files are then used in
> the /boot folder for loop-aes. Starting encrypted root from MicroSD Card
> via USB works!

Was this success with UTF8KEYBMODE=1 in build-initrd.sh or not?

Can you now decrypt the rootkey.gpg key file in both openSuSE text console
and in X windows? Or is it decryptable in knoppix and encrypted-root-initrd
only?

I booted an old knoppix CD with "lang=fi" boot parameter. That seemed to
boot to keyboard mode "default (ASCII)". What does "kbd_mode" command output
on your openSuSE text console and knoppix text console? Are their keyboard
modes same?

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-