Re: SuSE 10.2 and LOADNATIONALKEYB=1

Peter_22@xxxxxx wrote:
> Everything works fine until I try to use a passphrase with characters like
> the euro sign ¤ or some greek mues µ and such.

Welcome to never ending mess of incompatible character encodings.

My guess is that you created and encrypted your key file using some
character encoding in X windows terminal, and the system console character
encoding that is used to decrypt the key file at boot is different and
incompatible.

That "dumpkeys >/iso/default.kmap" saves system console keyboard mappings.
What happens is you switch to system console using CONTROL-ALT-F1 and create
new key file using that keyboard mapping? Type CONTROL-ALT-F7 to get back to
X windows.

Following shell commands dump hex values of character you type:

$ read x ; echo -n ${x} | od -Ax -tx1 -
123
000000 31 32 33
000003
$ read x ; echo -n ${x} | od -Ax -tx1 -
öäåÖÄŵß
000000 f6 e4 e5 d6 c4 c5 b5 df
000008

Are those hex values same in X windows terminal and system console?

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-