Re: SuSE 10.2 and LOADNATIONALKEYB=1

> I forgot to mention that you have to load new keyboard layout before it
> takes effect. As in:
>
>     kbd_mode -a
>     loadkeys /boot/default.kmap
> or
>     kbd_mode -u
>     loadkeys /boot/default.kmap

Ok. I repeated it from the console with default.kmap from MicroSD saved from Knoppix. It´s just the file that initrd loads when booting.

Results for ASCII and UTF-8 are the same as before for digits and chars.
Problems arise for mue, euro sign and german ue
ASCII fails to display the mue, euro is displays with a e and the ue isn´t displayed.
000000 b5 65 fc
000003

UTF-8 displays all 3 special characters and says:
000000 c2 b5 65 c3 bc
000005

Can you draw any conclusion form all that?

-