Re: Updating the Fedora Project Mission

On 04/18/2017 05:27 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Also, I don't want to bikeshed this mission to death word-for-word.
> Perfect is the enemy of good.  If "enables" is what everyone feels is
> best, great.

Whoops, yeah; I had a longer email a few days ago that I sat on to see
how the discussion went, and it actually suggested some colors for the
bikeshed.

So what I like is this, with Jeff Sandys' reordering, addition of
free/open, some Oxford commas, and replacement of lights-up:

  Fedora creates an innovative free/open platform for users, community
  members, and software developers to build solutions for hardware,
  containers, and clouds.

(I prefer 'innovate' because I think the value of FOSS is as an
innovation engine. I dropped the extra verb that "lights up" was there
for, the verb 'build' is strong enough.)

Here's the same thing without specifying the tech flavor-of-the-month:

  Fedora creates an innovative free/open platform for users, community
  members, and software developers to build on with modern technology.

Getting there ...

And I apologize for how this thread has almost completely changed the
original proposal. OTOH, this is the main bikeshed, and all the other
cool decisions and ideas you came to on your recent FAD can now slip
through uncontested. :-D

Regards,

- Karsten
--