Re: php can't resolve 8.3 paths to unicode filenames, is that expected ?

Pierre Joye wrote:

> Ok, now I can reproduce it. That's actually weird and have to look at it :)

Thank you!

> Ok, it looks like a found a bug, not in php but in the windows API.
> Which PHP version do you use (newest version uses a different CRT)?

I'm using 5.4.18

Lester Caine wrote:

> RS ... Just out of curiosity does the problem ranges of alphabets fall outside
> of the limited 'UTF16' range that M$ uses for 'wide strings'. I'm busy out at an
> exhibition this weekend so only have limited access to my database, but I do
> seem to recall that since wide strings are only 16 bit based, any character area
> going into the 24bit region (3 byte) is not supported.

I don't know. But it should be irrelevant since php interpreter doesn't see any of the
non-ascii chars when given short path.
But anyway... Greek and Cyrylic letters are in the 3 byte range ? I thought that only
applies to CKJ chars.

> This is
> definitively a bug in the CRT and I have to discuss that with my
> colleagues from the vc team.

Ok, so can you look at this bug report and tell me it is really a duplicate:
https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=65358
in the bugs marked as duplicate people tried to put non 7b chars actually
into php file handling functions while I do not.

Or there should be a new bug filled with precise statement that not all
shortened unicode paths are affected ?