Re: php can't resolve 8.3 paths to unicode filenames, is that expected ?

Hello Anatol,

Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 12:47:58 AM, you wrote:

> As a dessert I'd suggest you to read this ticket from not very recent past
> about how it's going in python http://bugs.python.org/issue13247 :)

I tried this in python:

filename = "e:\zzzzzzzzz_Ελλάδα.txt"
a = open(filename, "w")
a.write("this is a sample line\n")
a.close()
print(open(filename,"r").readline())

Works fine. So I even if python has some problems on this line
they aren't making it unusable for unicode file names.

Even tried to run it with FreePascal with example from here:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/File_Handling_In_Pascal - where I put shortened path
since pascal also doesn't heard about unicode, and it works like charm.

Now Perl:
It also has problem with utf8, it successfully forces file with that encoding
to be put on disk, resulting in working file with unreadable characters
or images like arrows etc. (zzzzzzzzz_Ελλάδα.txt)
but this works:

open MYFILE, ">", "c:\\zzzzzz~2.txt";
print MYFILE "Test line!\n";

So every modern and not so modern language is able to handle somehow, at least
making it usable to work with unicode filenames.

Any challenge for me ? Give me any language that you think fail here like php ?