Re: php can't resolve 8.3 paths to unicode filenames, is that expected ?

Hello Pierre,

Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 10:27:24 AM, you wrote:

> COM is not PHP: You are calling the FileSystemObject's GetFile via COM
> which uses unicode APIs under the hood. Nothing to do with PHP
> streams.

Yes, I know that, and here COM has no issues with unicode.

But in my example COM is irrelevant it is used only to get
short path, to be sure that it leads to the unicode file.
You can create unicode file on your own and then try
to open it using short or long paths using any script you like.
And you see that only PHP among all scripting languages in incapable
of getting handle to such files. Even the software that doesn't know
a byte about unicode is capable of doing that but not PHP.

> Not really, and not only in PHP code but all dependencies PHP uses.

I really don't know php's source code so I can't answer that.