Re: php can't resolve 8.3 paths to unicode filenames, is that expected ?

hi,

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 7:40 PM, R. S. <rsk82@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Pierre,
>
> Thursday, August 15, 2013, 10:40:56 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Short paths work just fine. Not sure what goes wrong with the COM APIs
>
> Have you even read my example, or any of my posts before ?

yes.

> There is nothing wrong with COM API, paradoxically COM works ok
> and handles long and short paths just fine.
> It is the php itself that has problem with them.

it can read 8.3 paths, whether the path has an unicode or not
(actually they all have but not necessary contain unicode parts).

>> or this test script.
>
>> But:
>> $shortpath= 'TESTUN~1.PHP';
>> $handle = fopen($shortpath, 'w');
>> works just fine.
>
> I said short paths to *UNICODE* file names, windows has this feature that allows
> apps that don't understand unicode to access these files and
> all even old win311 programs and every scripting and programming
> language I know can do that but not php.

and  'TESTUN~1.PHP' has unicode, created using CreateFileW with
'testunicode-ßäü123-öâ.php' as path. Fetch the 8.3 path and use it to
open the file using php, works. In other words. exactly what your COM
script does. Now, why you come to the conclusion that PHP can't open
8.3 path is a misery to me right now. It can and without issue.

--
Pierre

@pierrejoye | http://www.libgd.org