Re: php can't resolve 8.3 paths to unicode filenames, is that expected ?

Hello Pierre,

Thursday, August 15, 2013, 10:40:56 AM, you wrote:

> Short paths work just fine. Not sure what goes wrong with the COM APIs

Have you even read my example, or any of my posts before ?
There is nothing wrong with COM API, paradoxically COM works ok
and handles long and short paths just fine.
It is the php itself that has problem with them.

> or this test script.

> But:
> $shortpath= 'TESTUN~1.PHP';
> $handle = fopen($shortpath, 'w');
> works just fine.

I said short paths to *UNICODE* file names, windows has this feature that allows
apps that don't understand unicode to access these files and
all even old win311 programs and every scripting and programming
language I know can do that but not php.